Experiences to Inspire in the USA
The USA is an amazing destination that offers incredible learning opportunities for both teachers and students. The sheer scale and diversity of the country means it can cater for any subject, and the amazing snow conditions also make it a great location for a memorable ski trip!
Top Travel Tips
Matt Jones, our USA Specialist, has some top tips for organising a USA trip for your school...
- In New York, we recommend itineraries allow a Midtown day, a Downtown day and an Uptown day, so the groups get the best out of their time in the city to avoid travelling around.
- Don’t think of Florida as just a fun theme park trip. We can include educational programmes at the Kennedy Space Centre, Orlando Science Centre and/or Disney YES Programmes.
- There are plenty of free excursions - in Washington DC choose form the Smithsonian Museums (Air & Space, National Gallery of Art), Capitol Building Guided Tour, or Arlington National Cemetery. In New York visit Central Park, walk the highline or visit Grand Central Station.
- Include a city stopover on your USA ski trip to increase interest and build your group numbers. Choose from New York, Boston, San Francisco or LA (depending on resort).
- Visit Top of the Rock in NYC in the day to see Central Park and visit the Empire State Building at night to see the Manhattan lights.
The students had a great experience and I think they got a lot out of the trip both in terms of their experience of the topics they're studying and the cultural experience the trip offered too.
King Edward VI College, Stourbridge - visited Boston, April 2017
When is best to travel?
Think about temperatures...
Example: A West Coast tour would be better in Spring or Autumn, avoiding the summer heat or cold winter temperatures.
Consider your budget...
Example: February is the cheapest time to travel with regards to flights and accommodation for trips to New York or Washington DC.
Take advantage of quiet times...
Example: If you are planning a ski trip, Easter is great time to experience quieter ski resorts such as Sugarloaf, Killington, and Mammoth.
Visit in 2019...
Reason: If you plan in advance you have more time to save and a better chance of securing your favourite choice of accommodation!
Outstanding company. So friendly and helpful. Totally understand how school travel works. Equity is the finest company I have worked with in 32 years of organising foreign visits.
Dartford Grammar School, visited New York, June 2017
Take your students to see America's finest:
The city that never sleeps has enough attractions to keep you going all day. The Statue of Liberty; Central Park; Wall Street; the Empire State Building; the list is as long as the Manhattan avenues themselves.Read more Enquire now
Iconic buildings and monuments that have shaped world history and politics are what Washington is all about. It’s also home to the Smithsonian Institute, the world's largest museum, education and research complex.Read more Enquire now
You have the entire universe at your fingertips with the Kennedy Space Centre or travel to another world with Disney Parks and Universal Studios.Read more Enquire now
The birthplace of the American Revolution has plenty of world-class educational, historical and cultural attractions to keep any school trip occupied.Read more Enquire now
California boasts monumental natural and man-made wonders. From Alcatraz and the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, to Hollywood and the Warner Bros. Studios in Los Angeles.Read more Enquire now
Did you know?
According to a 2017 survey carried out by the School Travel Forum, the USA is the number 1 destination that teachers thinking about their subject area want to travel to that they have not visited yet.
Equity is here to help...
If you want to talk to us about planning a trip to the USA for your school or group, use the live chat function at the bottom of this screen (available 9 - 5.15pm) or give us a call on 01273 648 248. Alternatively, click on get a quote to submit your details online and we'll get back to you with a quotation based upon your requirements!