* Price based on...
- 30 students and 3 staff
- Price based on April 2017 travel
- Bed and breakfast accommodation
- Return airport transfers
- Excursions included
- Flights to Rome
- 5 sites to choose from throughout the city
The Meininger Hotel chain is exceptional and perfect for student groups. They are conveniently well located with easy access to public transport.
Location: Choose between the Central Station, Mitte, Prenzlauer, Tempelhofer Ufer and Hallesches Ufer sites spread across central Berlin.
Facilities: 24 hour reception, free internet, common room, luggage room, roof terrace.
Accommodation: Single and double rooms available to staff, 2 – 6 person rooms available to students. All rooms come with en-suite and TV.
Meals: Breakfast buffet available. Guest kitchen.
Culture tour of Rome
Rome is without doubt one of the most beautiful cosmopolitan cities in the world. From a past steeped in history and mythology to ancient ruins, delicious food and world- class art, Rome offers a truly cultural experience. Students will have the opportunity to gain a deeper perception of the culture of the Roman Empire whilst admiring the treasures and masterpieces of Roman art and architecture.
- Once you have arrived in the stunning city of Rome your coach transfer will take you to your accommodation where you will check in.
- After you’ve settled in to the hotel you will make your way to the famous Time Elevator – an interactive learning experience that goes back in time to explore history, science, art and nature.
- After breakfast your guide will meet you for a tour of the city where you will explore the Colosseum, Forum and Palatine.
- After lunch you will continue your guided tour visiting the Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps
- Visit one of the most iconic buildings in Rome, the Pantheon, where the former Roman Temple is now a church.
- In the afternoon you will continue to explore the city, visiting the Porta Pia gate which was designed for Pope Pius IV by Michelangelo.
- This morning you will be heading to the Trastevere district of Rome to visit the Villa Farnesina – a Renaissance suburban villa.
- In the afternoon you will make your way to the Galleria Borghese. This art gallery is housed in a beautiful Villa surrounded by landscaped gardens.
- After breakfast you will visit the San Pietro church in Montorio. In the courtyard of the Church you will also see the Tempietto – a small commemorative martyrium.
- You cannot visit Rome without seeing the Vatican and Sinstine Chapel, so that’s how you will spend your last afternoon in the city.l
- Day at leisure before staring your journey home
Please note that this is a sample itinerary and therefore subject to change