* Price based on...
- 40 students and 4 staff
- Price based on April 2017 travel
- Bed and breakfast accommodation
- Excursions included
Flights can be included in the quote for your tour
- Travel to Paris
- Local tourist tax
Visit WWI Battlefield locations in France and Belgium
We believe there is no better way to understand the impact of war than by visiting the battlefields on which thousands of brave men and women lost their lives fighting for freedom. Our Battlefields Tour covers important grounds in the Somme and Ypres areas, allowing your students to reflect and discover the anguish of war as well as stories of bravery and heroism.
- AM - Transfer by coach to your accommodation in Paris.
- PM - Spend some time discovering the surrounding area, taking in the magical city of Paris, before enjoying dinner and an overnight stay.
- AM - Today your group will head out for a visit to the one and only, Eiffel Tower. Experience an incredible view of the city and take advantage of photo opportunities.
- PM - This afternoon explore the Catacombs, an underground network of quarries and shafts that supplied building material to the city from XI to XIX centuries.
- AM - After breakfast, embark on a guided tour of the city, taking in famous sights such as Montmartre, the street artists and Sacré Coeur.
- PM - This afternoon head out of the city to the beautiful Palace of Versailles. Marvel at the impressive building which was once the home to Marie Antoinette.
- AM - This morning be met by your guide to travel onto the WWI battlefields. En-route to the Somme you will stop at sites and memorials where your guide will involve the group in discussions on subjects that will benefit individuals upon return to school.
- PM - If requested our enthusiastic guides can even help track down memorials of relatives that fought and died in WWI, giving them the opportunity to pay their respects.
- AM - Continue your battlefield tour to visit sights such as Thiepval Memorial, again your battlefield guide will be on hand with any questions you may have.
- PM - Spend the evening discussing and reflecting with your students about what they experienced and how it made them feel.
- AM - Depart the Somme area for Ypres which will be the last stop for your WWI Battlefield tour.
- PM - Here in Belgium your guide will cover locations such as Tyne cot, Langemark and more.
- AM - Finish your tour with a visit to the In Flanders Field Museum.
- PM - Transfer by coach to Paris airport for your flight home.
Please note that this is a sample itinerary and therefore subject to change